The 4 of us have been home together for a little over 2 weeks. It has been wonderful to be with our girls again. They brighten up our life and help break up the day in day out of recovery.
Lee's recovery is very slow. We have to look back at least a week to notice the improvement. As has been the case for several weeks, the biggest challenge is for Lee to be able to eat, and keep the food down. This is compounded by the fact he must drink at least 9 or 10 glasses of fluid a day. Water still doesn't taste good, so right now the beverage of choice is chocolate milk.
I found a great, easy recipe for vanilla pudding, that seems to work, soup, noodles with sauce. Each day I rack my brain and try new things, some work, most don't. Lee's doctor told us at the last appointment if things didn't get better in the next two weeks he would do an endoscopy to see if he has graft versus host disease of the GI tract. We are praying for so many things, this included.Lee still continues to be tired, and weak, this is compounded by not being able to eat.
We continue to go to our clinic once a week, a long day with 6 hours of driving for me, not my favorite thing to do along with the semi-trucks. Our home is very slowly being put together when I have the time to clean and organize. Our spirits are fine, we have great faith, and receive great strength from our family and friends.
Lee's recovery is very slow. We have to look back at least a week to notice the improvement. As has been the case for several weeks, the biggest challenge is for Lee to be able to eat, and keep the food down. This is compounded by the fact he must drink at least 9 or 10 glasses of fluid a day. Water still doesn't taste good, so right now the beverage of choice is chocolate milk.
I found a great, easy recipe for vanilla pudding, that seems to work, soup, noodles with sauce. Each day I rack my brain and try new things, some work, most don't. Lee's doctor told us at the last appointment if things didn't get better in the next two weeks he would do an endoscopy to see if he has graft versus host disease of the GI tract. We are praying for so many things, this included.Lee still continues to be tired, and weak, this is compounded by not being able to eat.
We continue to go to our clinic once a week, a long day with 6 hours of driving for me, not my favorite thing to do along with the semi-trucks. Our home is very slowly being put together when I have the time to clean and organize. Our spirits are fine, we have great faith, and receive great strength from our family and friends.
3 comments:
What a cute picture of you and Daddy!!! I'm so glad your remodeling is done, and I'm so glad your little girls are home, they will always be little to me.
Thanks for the update, Debbie. I've been hoping that your return home trip would be just the thing you needed. We're still praying for you and that you'll be able to eat again soon.
If I could send you a Nielsen's Frozen Custard concrete, I would! Maybe they have something similar in your town??
Post a Comment