So it took me 2 hours making this really yummy cake on Wednesday, it's called Lazy Daisy Oatmeal Cake. I've had it before and it's really good! I was so proud of myself because the only help I had was over the phone, and I made it all by myself. So we started eating it, and of course my dad took the first bite since he's the birthday boy, and just to tease me, he made a really grossed out face and said "Ew! Yuck!" But then smiled and said just kidding...Well a few seconds later, he said "There's a whole bunch of hard things in this" I ate about 1/100 of that peice of cake that I had, and it turnes out that I've invented a new name for it...Lazy Daisy WHOLE WHEAT GRAIN Cake!!! Yup, that's right, instead of Oats, and happened to put in small, oval shaped wheat grains...so I pretty much ruined that whole cake! Amelia was laughing so hard she was on the floor, Dad was laughing super hard, and I ended up laughing too. When we told my mom, she burst out laughing also. I ended up chopping the cake, and mutilating it for fun, since it wasn't really etible. Oh what a memorable birthday cake it will be!
After the little cake mishap, we all got on skype and talked with almost all of my siblings! It was so fun, and hard to hear everyone at once. It was great to all be able to say Happy Birthday to Dad!
Happy Birthday Dad, and I love you!
1 comment:
Sounds fun! Those really ARE the best birthday cakes in the world because they really ARE memorable. Happy Birthday, Uncle Lee!
Post a Comment