Wednesday, November 21, 2007

DAY 6

The days are not going very fast, but we are greatful for every day Lee isn't admitted into the hospital. Each day we go into the hospital, they draw blood, and moniter his overall health. Yesterday he needed IV fluid so we were there a little longer than usual. His white blood count now is 0 which means he has no imune system. I am very careful to watch all food handling and keep the sanitizer near by.
I minitor all his medications and take his temp. several times a day to be sure there is no infection or virus brewing. They tell us soon his red blood count will drop and there will be transfusions etc.

Today they began growth hormone shots to help his stem cells implant. This should happen at about day 11, but everyone is different. We pray for sooner, than later. The sooner implantation occurs, the sooner his bone marrow will regenerate.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, we have alot to be greatful for, wonderful medical care, both at home at here where we are. Medical research, that has made stem cell transplant possible, it is a realitivly new proceedure. Most of all we are greatful for our family, and our faith in the Lord. We have the greatest children, all gathering around in the way they can and lending us great support. We love them and count them as the greatest of all blessings. We are greatful for our Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers, and watches over us and has given us all things. To have the health to be of better service to him would be wonderful.

On Thanksgiving day, we will be here in our apartment, not alone however, for we know that we are receiving many prayers on our behalf and our spirits are good. I will make a classic Thanksgiving Dinner for two, perhaps we will watch the Macy's parade and just spend more time counting our blessings. We miss our family and will be with them as soon as Lee's imune system kicks in.

At this time we want to say to all our friends and family, "Thanks - for- Giving!, Giving of your thought, prayers and time and support, we are truly blessed and can't wait to be with you all again!!"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING,

Lee and Debbie

4 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mom!!! I love you guys. Thanks for the update, don't forget about the questions!!!

Chalece said...

Hey Mom, I'm glad you update the blog! We sure will miss you tomorrow and are excited to see you as soon as we can. Happy Thanksgiving!
-Rob

Anonymous said...

I love you both. I'm so glad we have such a close family. I wish we could all be together tomorrow but I am looking forward to Christmas. We are praying for you and know everything will work out great.

Aunt Suzanne said...

Hi Lee and Debbie,
Thanks for keeping us updated a bit with your blog. We think of you often and pray that Lee's procedure will continue to go as smoothly as possible.
Speaking of blessings today, I'm thankful to have Lee as a brother and Debbie as a sister-in-law.
We love you.
Suzanne and family