Tuesday, November 6, 2007

THE TIME HAS COME

Hi family and friends. We are here at a major medical center (most of you know where that is) preparing for a stem cell transplant next week.

Monday we moved into our apartment, a nice, furnished, 2 bedroom apartment about 8 miles from the clinic.

Tuesday Lee began his pretransplant testing, it will be an entire week of tests, blood, marrow, cardaic, lung, kidney etc. Including an MRI, all in preparation, to be sure his body can take the trauma of the transplant and to see how his cancer (myeloma) has progressed/or not progressed.

Emotionally we are doing well, we have brought along alot of projects to keep ourselves busy, that is if we are ever home, we have very long days at the clinic, and who would think that sitting around all day could make you so exhausted?

I miss the YMCA classes and my friends there. However, there is a workout room in our building and we did bring our rowing machine in the hopes of staying more active.

We have wonderful daughters(Janette and daughter in law(Chalece who seems just like our daughter) taking care of Amelia and Mariah and our home. It is a comfort to know we have such a supportive family. Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement.

I will try to post as often as I can.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks for the update Mom!!! I thought about you guys all day, wondering what they were doing to Dad. We have been praying for Dad every prayer and tonight when I told Mikelle it was time for prayer she said "pray for pampa". I love you guys!!!
Anna

Chalece said...

We are glad to help! We hope you guys keep doing well down there. We pray for you everyday!! We love you.