
We began our anniversary by going into the hospital for our daily check up. It took awhile, Lee's central line would not cooperate, but after 3 hours they accessed it and we were able to go home.
Lee is not feeling the greatest today, but is a very good patient and is trying to do all the things I ask him to do.
Where has the time gone? 30 years and 8 kids, now 8 grandchildren. It seems like just yesterday in so many ways. It is hard to celebrate today, we hope to celebrate our milestone another day. Yes, we can look forward to many other days to celebrate and for that we are truly greatful. I can remember several anniversaries, but one stands out, the time he kidnapped me and took me to Hawaii. I was completely unaware. Lee arranged for our oldest daughter Aubrey to fly home to take care of the children. He (with Aubrey's help) bought a new suitcase and filled it full of new clothes any thing I might need for the trip. The morning of our trip, Janette packed my makeup and toothbrush etc. Then we were off, 2 weeks on Kuai. That celebration was a little different. I remember telling my friends about it when we got home. It was so fun to watch their faces. I have always known I have the best husband!!!
Lee wouldn't like this, but since I am typing this, and he is sleeping on the sofa, I can write anything I want. Just to let you know there has never been a better, more caring, and loving husband than mine. He truly treats me like I am a queen and loves me unconditionaly. For us both, we have always been the best of friends. I find it amazing that through this whole ordeal he is not complaining, he just rises to the occasion to whatever is asked of him and deals with it. I am truly blessed to be able to care for him and be of some help.
The past 30 years have had their challenges with medical training and having 8 children. I wonder what we will accomplish in the next 30 years?
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!! I'd forgotten about your Hawaii trip I mostly remember the Bayfield one :) I love you.
I am so grateful for the wonderful, loving example you are for Rob and I. We can't wait to see you!
Mom I love you soo much! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't wait to see you!
Happy Anniversary! You two have the best love story ever! You are an inspiration to everyone.
Post a Comment