Sunday, November 25, 2007

Days 9 and 10

These have been the hardest days yet. Yesterday (day 9) Lee nearly fainted due to lack of fluid. It is just so hard to keep on eating and drinking after chemo. Also platletts were low, so IV fluids and platletts kept us in the hospital most of the day. We returned to our apartment at about 4:30 exhausted.

Today (day 10) Lee has still been unable to keep the fluids in so today he has been admitted into the hospital. They say just until engraftment takes place, that is when the stem cells find his bone marrow and begin regenerating. When engraftment takes place we will see things turn the corner for the better. We don't know when that will be, we pray for sooner so we can GO HOME!!! Lee has lost about 7 pounds. That could have been worse, I credit that to Lee, for eating when it tastes bad and he doesn't want too, and to my good home cook'n!! (that's the best I can do at humor right now)

It is harder in the hospital, harder because we just sit and wait, but a relief because I know he is being looked after in a way that I can't.

I will keep you all posted as things change, thanks for caring!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry to hear Dad is in the hospital. I sure love you guys and can't wait for that engraftment.

Ange said...

We're still praying for you and we'll keep on praying daily for you.

Ange said...

We're still praying for you and we'll keep on praying daily for you.

Anonymous said...

Debbie and Lee, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Belated anniversary wishes to you both. We hope the next anniversary is celebrated in a more romantic venue than Mayo. Hmmm, how about Paris? Brent and Sue

Anonymous said...

This must be hard. You are both doing the best that you can. You are great examples to me. I love you both and hope this roughest part passes soon. I am praying that those stem cells will remember where they came from and start attaching again. Hopefully the hospital will bring you both deserved rest. Love Janeal